3 hrs 15 mins
Savannah's Hibernian Society has been keeping St. Patrick's Day since 1812, and long practice has made their celebration one of the South's most notable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 -5 lb) corned beef brisket, trimmed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppercorns
- 1 medium cabbage, cut into wedges
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 medium carrots, scraped and cut into julienne strips
- 4 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Place brisket in a large Dutch oven; cover with water.
- 2Add spices. Bring to a boil and cover; reduce heat, and simmer for 2 1/2 hours or until brisket is tender.
- 3Add cabbage; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Add potatoes, carrots, and onions; cover and simmer an additional 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 5Remove brisket to a warm platter; slice thinly across the grain.
- 6Remove vegetables from the liquid, discarding spices; place on platter with sliced brisket.
- 7Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savannah Corned Beef Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.1
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 222.1 mg
- Sodium 2635.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 47.0 g