Recipe by Auntie Mags
I adapted this recipe from a dish I tried in Savannah, Georgia. Even my kids (who declare that they hate cabbage) asked for more! One of our favorites!
Top Review by Kari936
I liked this too. I made almost like you instructed. I didn't have enough cabbage so I added some broccoli. The sauce was a nice blen. Although, it was a little salty. I think I will put in a little less soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce next time. I will be making this again. Thanks for hte recipe.:)
- 4 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine cabbage, water, and salt.
- Boil, covered, for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine soup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, milk, and onion in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish and mix well.
- Melt butter in small dish.
- Add breadcrumbs and stir.
- Sprinkle over cabbage mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly.