Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Sauteed zucchini with walnuts is an easy and healthy way to add a bit of color and flavor to your menu. For the best flavor, look for shiny, unblemished zucchini that measures no more than 1 1/4 inch in diameter.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Melt butter and oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Saute the sliced zucchini in the hot butter and oil for about 5 to 7 minutes, until it is crisp-tender with a few caramelized, golden brown spots.
- Remove from the heat and toss with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the seasoned zucchini to a serving dish and gently toss it with the Roquefort cheese.
- Sprinkle the dish with the chopped walnuts and serve hot or warm.