1/8 Photos of Sauteed Zucchini With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
A great side dish to pair up with beef, chicken or fish. Love the flavors in this dish - simple but full of flavor. I did add a clove of garlic to the original recipe just because I thought it would really give it a great background flavor. Tried and posted for ZWT7.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the zucchini using a brush to gently scrub the zucchini and then pat dry with a kitchen towel. Cut off the stems and cut each zucchini in 3 or 4 pieces; then cut each piece lengthwise into 6 wedges. Set to the side.
- 2Chop the dried tomatoes and set to the side.
- 3In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, place 4 tablespoons of oil and the diced onion. Cook over a medium heat until the sliced onions are translucent, for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add the minced garlic and sauté an additional 1 minute.
- 5Add the dried tomato and sauté for additional 2 minutes.
- 6Add the zucchini, salt and pepper to taste, then cover with a tight lid and simmer for additional 5 minutes or until tender but firm.
- 7Using a slatted spoon transfer the zucchini into a large dish and serve while hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Zucchini With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.6
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g