1/1 Photo of Sauteed Zucchini With Mushrooms for Two
This is a nice little dish, the flavours blend so nicely. Its become a favorite around here. This recipe can be doubled ot tripled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1While the grill was heating,
- 2Wash the two zucchini's, (about eight inches in length each), chop off the ends, and discard.
- 3Cut the zucchini lengthwise twice and chopped into quarter inch sections.
- 4Clean about 4 ounces of button mushrooms and sliced them.
- 5Chop and mince shallot, about one tablespoon worth.
- 6Heat a skillet with one tablespoon olive oil.
- 7When the oil stated to shimmer, throw in the minced shallot and kept it moving in the pan until evenly browned.
- 8Turning the heat to medium-low, throw the sliced mushrooms in, tossed them so the oil evenly coated them.
- 9Sprinkled a dash (two pinches or 1/8 teaspoon) of kosher salt over the mushrooms.
- 10After a few seconds, toss them again so the other sides would brown a little.
- 11Once a decent amount of liquid had evaporated from the mushrooms, add the chopped squash to the pan, sprinkling on an additional dash of salt.
- 12Turning the heat back up to medium-high, allow the squash to cook, tossing them every ten or fifteen seconds.
- 13Once some of the zucchini picked up some brown caramelized bits, turn off the heat and pour the vegetables into a bowl.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Zucchini With Mushrooms for Two
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 130.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g