Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes four side-dish servings.
Make and share this Sauteed Zucchini Strings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (fresh not oil packed)
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves (fresh if possible)
- 2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 1⁄2 cups zucchini (cut into strings)
- Puree garlic cloves in the bowl of a food processor. Add sun dried tomatoes and pulse till coarsely crumbled. Add oregano and pulse. Add cheese, 1 tbsp olive oil and balsamic vinegar; pulse till crumbly. Season to taste with salt.
- Measure 3/4 cup of crumbles, reserving remainder for another use. Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 2 tsp olive oil and heat. Add onions and sauté till limp and just beginning to caramelize. Add zucchini strings and sauté gently until zucchini is bright green, about 4 minutes.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes, parmigiano crumbles and toss to coat zucchini completely.
- Adjust seasonings to taste with kosher salt. Serve immediately with reserved crumbles sprinkled on top.
Great way to serve the lowly zucchini. I added a couple more garlic cloves to the mix, only because we love garlic. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)