1/1 Photo of Sauteed Zucchini Strings
This makes four side-dish servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomato (fresh not oil packed)
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves (fresh if possible)
- 2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 cups zucchini (cut into strings)
- 1Puree garlic cloves in the bowl of a food processor. Add sun dried tomatoes and pulse till coarsely crumbled. Add oregano and pulse. Add cheese, 1 tbsp olive oil and balsamic vinegar; pulse till crumbly. Season to taste with salt.
- 2Measure 3/4 cup of crumbles, reserving remainder for another use. Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 2 tsp olive oil and heat. Add onions and sauté till limp and just beginning to caramelize. Add zucchini strings and sauté gently until zucchini is bright green, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add the sun dried tomatoes, parmigiano crumbles and toss to coat zucchini completely.
- 4Adjust seasonings to taste with kosher salt. Serve immediately with reserved crumbles sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Zucchini Strings
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.7
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 464.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 8.5 g