Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great way to use those fresh garden vegetables. Courtesy of September 2007 issue of Bon Appetit.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, trimmed, cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup halved pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in large skilled over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, garlic, and rosemary.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute until zucchini is just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and olives.
- Saute until tomatoes just begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in basil and vinegar.
- Season vegetables to taste with salt and pepper.
This is a lovely vegie dish that has been included in my regular repertoire. I seasoned with Goya Adobo all purpose seasoning. (it is one of my favorite seasonings that "take care of" when you want more flavor in your dish and want to use it instead of salt). My family loved it as well.
DH and I loved this flavorful side dish! It was a great way to use up cherry tomatoes and zucchini from the garden. I also love kalamata olives and balsamic so I knew this would be a winner. All of the herbs I also picked fresh from the garden. I will definitely make this veggie dish again. Thanks!
This was delish! Clean, simple and very tasty. I made it with summer squash instead of zucchini and hubby agreed it was a great side dish.