Recipe by Galley Wench
Great way to use those fresh garden vegetables. Courtesy of September 2007 issue of Bon Appetit.
Top Review by ForeverMama
This is a lovely vegie dish that has been included in my regular repertoire. I seasoned with Goya Adobo all purpose seasoning. (it is one of my favorite seasonings that "take care of" when you want more flavor in your dish and want to use it instead of salt). My family loved it as well.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, trimmed, cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup halved pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skilled over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, garlic, and rosemary.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute until zucchini is just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and olives.
- Saute until tomatoes just begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in basil and vinegar.
- Season vegetables to taste with salt and pepper.