Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty quick, low fat, low carb way to do zucchini. The italian dressing gives it the right zing! A kid pleaser as well!
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained,chopped or 2 -3 chopped fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- In large skillet, heat italian dressing over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and onion; cook, stirring occassionally, 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occassionally, 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve with grated parmesean cheese if desired.
Delicious! Super simple & great for a budget! I used fresh tomatoes and fresh basil. I also split the recipe in half & it worked beautifully. Made as is. Will definitely be making this often for years to come. Thanks for sharing! [Made & Reviewed for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag]
This is just what I was looking for: an easy, low fat side dish that would use up some of my numerous zucchinis. It made enough for lunch for two tomorrow, always a bonus.
Very Italian flavored zucchini. I loved the onions with it, and this would be a perfect side to any Italian dinner. This was really good and the dressing did give it a nice flavor, but I found I had to add a little tomato paste to thicken it up and give it just that little something more. I'm sure this was just my own taste, as I seem to like my foods very savory, spicy, and chock-full of flavor. Nice and easy to make... a plus in my book!