Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Southern Living; This is a wonderful way to cook garden fresh zucchini.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Saute onion in hot oil until tender.
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Stirring often, cook over low heat 5 to 10 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Yummy zucchini!! I added just a touch of basil, and took it up after 5 minutes to keep it crisp. We had this with a creamy sherry chicken, and the flavor and texture contrast was superb. Thanks Nurse Di!
We enjoyed this very much. The medley of vegetables with the added flavors of thyme and the parmesan is awesome. This will make a side dish for almost any meal. I served this with steak.
We love zucchini so this was a hit, I added a squirt of lemon juice before serving. Simple and quick, thanks for posting. =)