Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very nice and crispy. I sometimes add a few mushrooms.
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced into 1/4 inches,look for good colour
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- white wine
- Place oil in saute pan over medium heat.
- Add squash and onion.
- Cook and stir until crisp and tender for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with whole oregano and a splash of white wine.
- Depending on how you like it, I use about half the amount of oil called for, 1/4 cup is too much for us.
We really enjoyed this way of cooking yellow squash. Very easy to make and the addition of wine and oregano popped it over the top. Thanks for sharing, Derf. I'll be making this often. BTW I used the lesser amount of oil.
Thanks, Derf! I bought a yellow squash this week (since it deep yellow veggies were highly recommended for my low-cholesterol diet) and I had NO IDEA what to do with it. This was quick, simple AND delicious! We will definitely do this again. I, too, went with the 1/8 of a cup of oil.
This tastes really good! I didn't have oregano so I used Italian seasoning and added a little garlic. Some salt and pepper and YUMMY! Thanks =)