Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from a now closed grocery store. Very quick and easy.
- 1 lb summer squash or 1 lb zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- Without peeling, slice squash in 1/2" diagonal slices.
- In medium sized skillet, melt butter or margarine and saute onions until golden.
- Add squash and remaining ingredients, toss to combine.
- cover and cook 10 - 15 minutes over medium heat until tender.
A really great (and easy) side dish. I made this as written. I wish I would have had a homegrown tomato at the time, because I would have used that in place of the canned stewed tomatoes. Next time, I guess! Thanx for posting!