Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These yams make a nice side to pork.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs yams, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finley chop
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in heavy large pan over high heat.
- Add yams and saute until begining to brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion, serrano pepper, and ginger; saute until onion is just tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Allow to continue cooking for about another 5 minutes, stirring just occasionally.
- Sprinkle potato mixture with lime juice and either parsley or cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Perfect!! I made half of this recipe and totally loved it. The flavors went so well together and it was easy to make. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-South and Central America.
Very delicious and nicely spiced. Thanks.
Out of this world. If you love ginger and spice, you can't go wrong with this dish. Company loved this one! Made for newest tag.