Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
A recipe from the issue of March 2002 of Coup de Pouce. This is full of veggies and an espress recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 small zucchini, peeled and cut in half on the lenght, then sliced in 1/4 inch slices (500 g in total)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed, cut in 1-inch pieces (150 g in total)
- 1 cup arugula, chopped (125 g in total)
- 1 cup bok choy (125 g in total) or 1 cup celery, cut in thick slices (125 g in total)
- 1⁄2 lb fine pasta, cooked (angel hair)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, grilled
- In a small bowl, with a whisk, mix soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, garlic, sesame oil if using and ginger. Add 2 tablespoon of canola oil while whisking. Set aside.
- In a large non adhesive skillet, heat remaining canola oil at medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, zucchini, red bell pepper, green beans and 1/2 cup of the sauce (step 1) and stir. Keep cooking 3 to 5 minutes. Add arugula and bok choy and cook, stirring, until soften. Add the remaining sauce and bring to boil. Cover and cook about 7 minutes or until green beans and brocoli are tender.
- Spread cooked pasta and the veggies in 4 plates. Sprinkle each serving with sesame seeds. Serve now.
Delicious, healthy, and beautiful! Love the sauce mixture. I used celery instead of bok choy and summer squash instead of zuchinni and a few peas I had left from another recipe but otherwise made as posted. The green beans were still crunchy even with extra time on stove but sauce for cooking moisture was gone so next time I will leave them out. Thanks Boomette for posting!
Love this recipe. I did not use the arugala and used celery instead of the bok choy. I added a few sliced mushrooms also. My DH would of prefered this on rice but I love the pasta. Made for PRMR Great keeper recipe.
Fantastic stir fry! I loved this vegetable meal and so did my family. It's so healthy for you and tastes great! We ate this with rice. I left out the arugula and sesame seeds (though I really want to try this again with both) and used bok choy instead of celery. Thanks so much Boomette for this recipe! Made for 1-2-3 Zaar Tag.