1/1 Photo of Sauteed Veggie Flautas
Ms. Low's Note:
This recipe was inspired by a vegetarian quesadilla that I had at a small Mexican restaurant near my home. I love making chicken flautas, and thought that sauteed veggies might be a nice change--and it was! Sauteed vegetables wrapped in a flaky flour tortilla?...MmMmmmm.
My Private Note
large f ...
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned thin & short (1/4 x1 )
- 1/3 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thin & quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 large jalapeno cheddar flour tortillas (made by Mission)
- vegetable oil
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS or SIDES
- 1Combine mushrooms, pepper, onion, zucchini, garlic, oil, paprika, salt, & pepper in a deep skillet. Mix well, until all veggies are coated in oil. Cover and cook on Med/Low for about 20 minutes, or until veggies are mostly tender.
- 2Place a 1 ½” thick lines across the bottom area of tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Flip the flap below the veggies up on top of them, then roll closed. Push any loose veggies into the sides. Slightly flatten, to create “stability” when frying.
- 3Coat bottom of skillet with vegetable oil, at medium or med/high heat. Place 2 flautas at a time in the skillet, face down. Cook both until golden on both sides.
- 4Garnish with avocado, sour cream, and/or salsa. Compliment with rice & beans.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Veggie Flautas
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.6
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 135.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jalapeno cheddar flour tortillas