Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
A wonderful vegetable mixture that requires some chopping of the vegetables but limited cooking time. Great in the summer when the vegetables and herbs are fresh from the garden, or sunny flavors to brighten your winter.
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed, halved
- 2 carrots, pared, cut into matchsticks
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed, cut into matchsticks
- 1 summer squash, trimmed cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, cut into matchsticks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Prepare gremolata by combining the lemon zest, garlic, parsley and tarragon in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and beans, cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add carrots and cook 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash and bell pepper; cook stirring frequently until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the gremolata and lemon juice, toss to combine and serve hot.