1/1 Photo of Sauteed Veal Scallops in a Wild Mushroom Cream Sauce
This dish is quite elegant and you can substitute the veal with boneless skinless chicken breasts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shallot, minced
- 8 ounces wild mushrooms (such as chanterelles shiitake oyster or a combination)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup veal demi-glace
- 1 cup heavy cream
For the veal
- 1MAKE THE SAUCE: In a saute pan set over moderately high flame, heat the oil and butter until hot. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 2Add the mushrooms, thyme and salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft.
- 3Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the wine and reduce by half. Add the demiglace and simmer 5 minutes.
- 4Add the cream and reduce until lightly thickened. Cover with a round of buttered wax paper and keep hot.
- 5MAKE THE VEAL: Dredge the veal scallops in flour, shaking off excess, and season with salt and pepper.
- 6In large skillet set over moderate flame, heat olive oil and butter until hot. Add scallops and saute for 1 minute on each side.
- 7Transfer to sauce for just a minute and season mixture with fresh lemon juice and Chervil.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Veal Scallops in a Wild Mushroom Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.2
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 467.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: