A delicious and fairly simple recipe that was included in the Greenling.com local box of produce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet (with a lid), heat the olive oil and garlic over medium heat.
- 2While that heats, peel the turnips and chop them into thin strips, like tiny French fries.
- 3When oil is heated, add the turnips and raisins and saute for about 3 minutes.
- 4Pour in the lime juice and cover; let it cook for 5-10 more minutes, allowing turnips to soften.
- 5Meanwhile, wash and chop or tear up the spinach.
- 6After 5-10 minutes are up and turnips are tender, stir in the spinach and cook it until it just begins to wilt.
- 7Remove from heat and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Turnips With Spinach and Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.3
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 261.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g