Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Enjoying turnip greens couldn't get any easier or tastier than this! For those who are wondering, garlic scapes are the edible green tops of the garlic plant. Just snape (or cut) them from the garlic plant, and they can be used in whichever dish that minced/chopped garlic would be appropriate.
- 1 lb turnip greens, washed and cut chiffonade style (thin strips)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic scapes, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil.
- When olive oil is glistening hot and fragrant, add garlic scapes. Sautee until tender.
- Add turnip greens, toss frequently and sautee for 2-3 minutes or until wilted but still quite tender (not mushy).
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!