Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful "light" way to serve Tilapia!
Make and share this Sauteed Tilapia With Lemon-Caper Pan Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 tilapia fillets (1.5 pounds total)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- lemon wedge
- Whisk together chicken stock, lemon juice and capers. Lightly crush the capers.
- Season the tilapia fillets with salt and pepper. Then dredge them in flour, shaking off any excess. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt one teaspoon of butter over medium heat. Turn up the heat to medium-high and brown the butter (it should be a golden brown color). Add the fillets to the pan. Sauté for about 3 minutes on each side (they are done when the fish flakes easily with a fork). Add olive oil to the pan as needed if the pan becomes too dry. Transfer fillets to plates.
- Pour the broth mixture into pan, being careful of splatter — it will instantly boil, steam and hiss. Scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any browned bits. Continue heating and stirring until the mixture is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Remove the pan from the burner and whisk in two teaspoons of butter. Spoon two tablespoons of mixture, give or take, over each fillet.