- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- four 6 ounce tilapia fillet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Add orange juice, soy sauce, and honey to a resealable plastic bag. stir to dissolve the honey and add in the fish fillets. Seal the bag and press out any excess air. Turn over a few times to coat the fish. Marinate at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes, turning the bag halfway through. Do not marinate any longer or the acid in the orange juice will cause the fish to become mushy. Remove the fish from the bag, reserve the marinade, and pat the fillets dry.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add the fillets in batches and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the fillets to plates, add about half of the reserved marinade to the pan, and boil until it coats the back of a spoon. Check for seasoning and serve over the fish.