Recipe by MonsterMaha
Another WW recipe. 4 Points Plus per serving. I used fresh peaches instead of cherries on my first try since that's what I had on hand. You can probably use nearly any fleshy fresh and ripe fruit. I served this with couscous cooked in apple juice and water, and broccoli.
Top Review by sassykat1213
Absolutely delicious, and really easy! My sister was over while I was cooking this recipe, so I invited her to eat with us. She called me the next day to tell me that she liked the fish so much, she joined WW!! :)
- 1 tablespoon almonds, sliced
- 1 lb tilapia fillet, four 4 oz fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 fluid ounce wine, dry white or 1 fluid ounce dry vermouth
- 1⁄2 cup cherries, sweet, pitted, halved
- 1⁄3 vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the almonds in a large nonstick skillet over medium low heat until aromatic and golden, shaking the pan often, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in skillet.
- Add fish. Cook until firm and lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the fish to 4 serving plates.
- Heat remaining oil.
- Add onion. Cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add vermouth. Cook 20 seconds.
- Add cherries, broth and thyme.
- Heat until simmering.
- Cook additional 30 seconds to reduce slightly.
- Divide sauce and almonds among the fish.