Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We have made this with different kinds of fish cod, sole, catfish, orange roughy and flounder. Points...4.
- 1 -1 1⁄3 lb tilapia fillet, about 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Rinse the fish and pat dry.
- Put the flour on a plate and season it with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the fillets in the flour, patting to remove excess.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, wine, lime juice and butter, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a 10 to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the fillets without overlapping (you may need to cook in 2 batches).
- Cook until golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the fillets over and cook until opaque through the thickest part, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the fish to a platter and keep warm (cover with foil or place in a 200 degree oven).
- Add the wine mixture to pan and boil, scraping up cooked bits, until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the onions and heat on low about 30 seconds.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and serve.
I was just going to post this one myself. I made this a few nights ago and it is probably my current favorite fish recipe. For 2 people, I used 12 oz. of tilapia and the full sauce recipe as written - this really makes very little sauce otherwise. It's excellent with rice and steamed vegetables or fruit salsa.
Wow!! This is by far the BEST sauteed fish recipe I have ever attempted. Thank You, Dancer. You made me look like a PRO in the kitchen. ;]
Thank you, Dancer^! I have been trying to eat tilapia for quite awhile; it's inexpensive, environmentally friendly, and I want to eat more fish. Every recipe I have tried was either boring (tilapia is very mild) or the flavors overwhelmed the fish. This is the first recipe I've tried that actually is the right amount of flavor. It enhances the fish but doesn't overwhelm it. I tried the recipe exactly as written (unusual for me) and loved it!. The ingredients are readily available and inexpensive. This is now in my rotation. Thank you for taking the time to post it. I'll be checking out your other recipes!