1/2 Photos of Sauteed Tilapia Fillets With Lime
We have made this with different kinds of fish cod, sole, catfish, orange roughy and flounder. Points...4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the fish and pat dry.
- 2Put the flour on a plate and season it with salt and pepper.
- 3Dredge the fillets in the flour, patting to remove excess.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the garlic, wine, lime juice and butter, then set aside.
- 5Heat the oil in a 10 to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 6Add the fillets without overlapping (you may need to cook in 2 batches).
- 7Cook until golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
- 8Turn the fillets over and cook until opaque through the thickest part, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 9Transfer the fish to a platter and keep warm (cover with foil or place in a 200 degree oven).
- 10Add the wine mixture to pan and boil, scraping up cooked bits, until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 11Stir in the onions and heat on low about 30 seconds.
- 12Pour the sauce over the fish and serve.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Tilapia Fillets With Lime
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.7
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 75.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 23.6 g