Recipe by rsnelling42
Delicious, simple recipe for making Swiss Chard. My CSA provided the recipe that they adapted from allrecipes.com. So easy, so good!!!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Very easy to make, lots of flavour, we enjoyed this. I did play with it a little since I had veggies to use up, I added a small sliced zucchini and some sliced mushrooms, and then I tossed the whole lot with penne and served with parmesan. This made an excellent supper dish and I hope you will forgive me for experimenting a bit! Made for PAC Spring 2012
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch swiss chard, stems and center ribs cut out and chopped together, leaves coarsely torn separately
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic an onion, cook 30-60 seconds.
- Add chard stems and white wine. Simmer until the stems begin to soften, between 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in chard leaves until they wilt (1-2 minutes).
- Stir in lemon juice, Parmesan and season to taste with salt.