Recipe by hollyfrolly
Incredibly yummy- slightly spicy with a bit of lemon zip. This is the MOST delicious swiss chard recipe EVER! -I promise. (Adapted from a recipe from Bon Appetit)
Top Review by Harriet1
This is the first year we have grown Chard, so I have been a little unsure how to use it. I have eaten it several times but have never cooked it myself. I looked through all the recipes for Swiss Chard on this site and picked this one. I am sure glad I did. We love it and will be using it a lot from now on. It's simple, easy to remember and the best Chard I have ever eaten. I did add extra garlic, red pepper and I used bottled lemon juice. I was very tasty. Thanks so much for this great recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch dry crushed red pepper
- 2 bunches swiss chard, stems trimmed, leaves cut into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and oil in heavy large pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add swiss chard; stir to coat.
- Cover and cook until tender (stirring occasionally) about 8 minutes.
- Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon onto chard.
- Season to taste with salt.