Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Incredibly yummy- slightly spicy with a bit of lemon zip. This is the MOST delicious swiss chard recipe EVER! -I promise. (Adapted from a recipe from Bon Appetit)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch dry crushed red pepper
- 2 bunches swiss chard, stems trimmed, leaves cut into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Melt butter and oil in heavy large pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add swiss chard; stir to coat.
- Cover and cook until tender (stirring occasionally) about 8 minutes.
- Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon onto chard.
- Season to taste with salt.
This is the first year we have grown Chard, so I have been a little unsure how to use it. I have eaten it several times but have never cooked it myself. I looked through all the recipes for Swiss Chard on this site and picked this one. I am sure glad I did. We love it and will be using it a lot from now on. It's simple, easy to remember and the best Chard I have ever eaten. I did add extra garlic, red pepper and I used bottled lemon juice. I was very tasty. Thanks so much for this great recipe.
Wow! I usually don't go too crazy about veggies....but this was so good! The first time I tried Swiss chard, my DH was not too keen about it (I didn't quite get it cooked enough). This recipe was the deciding factor....like or dislike?!?! Well, you sold him (and me, of course!!) The lemon really makes the dish shine through!! Kudos on a great find and thanks for passing it on!!
I bought one bunch for the two of us since we have never tasted swiss chard before. It was the perfect amount for our first time. Next time I make it I will use 2 bunches. The recipe is wonderful and my husband ate it and actually liked it. Thank you for a great recipe.