Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sauteed Fresh Red Swiss Chard, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Yellow Corn and Maple Flavored Bacon Bits are brought together to complete this side dish. Fresh lemon juice and garlic infuse a wonderful flavor into the Red Swiss Chard.
- 8 slices maple bacon (Cooked Crisp & Chopped)
- 2 cups fresh corn (2 ears corn, Kernels removed)
- 1⁄2 cup shallot (Chopped)
- 1 fresh garlic clove (Chopped)
- 2 lbs fresh swiss chard (Red Chard, Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 3 lemons (Cut 2-lemons in wedges)
- In a large saute pan cook bacon until crisp and remove all grease except for 2-tablespoons.
- Add bacon bits, corn, chopped shallots, chopped garlic and saute until garlic is soft.
- Add Red Swiss Chard, fresh lemon thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Saute until chard starts to wilt, add fresh lemon juice and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with fine sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Place the Red Swiss Chard on hot plates and serve.
- Garnish with fresh lemon wedges.
Wonderful flavor combination of savory, sweet, and acidic that had us swooning a bit while we ate it. We didn't have lemon thyme available, so we used regular.