Recipe by Potagekempcc
Sauteed Fresh Red Swiss Chard, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Yellow Corn and Maple Flavored Bacon Bits are brought together to complete this side dish. Fresh lemon juice and garlic infuse a wonderful flavor into the Red Swiss Chard.
- 8 slices maple bacon (Cooked Crisp & Chopped)
- 2 cups fresh corn (2 ears corn, Kernels removed)
- 1⁄2 cup shallot (Chopped)
- 1 fresh garlic clove (Chopped)
- 2 lbs fresh swiss chard (Red Chard, Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 3 lemons (Cut 2-lemons in wedges)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan cook bacon until crisp and remove all grease except for 2-tablespoons.
- Add bacon bits, corn, chopped shallots, chopped garlic and saute until garlic is soft.
- Add Red Swiss Chard, fresh lemon thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Saute until chard starts to wilt, add fresh lemon juice and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with fine sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Place the Red Swiss Chard on hot plates and serve.
- Garnish with fresh lemon wedges.