Sweetbreads are a bother to prepare but are well worth the effort. Sweetbreads are the Thymus gland or pancreas of the animal. They are crisp on the outside and smooth inside when cooked right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put Salt& vinegar in a saucepan with enough water to cover the sweet breads, bring to a boil.
- 2Add sweetbreads, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Immediately drain and cover with cold water.
- 4Drain and cover with cold water.
- 5Remove all the membranes and tubes.
- 6Slice in half crosswise (you'll have 8 halves).
- 7Dredge in flower& garlic.
- 8Heat butter& oil in a skillet.
- 9Saute the sweetbreads until browned3-5 minutes.
- 10Sprinkle with the bacon.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Sweetbreads (Lamb or Veal)
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.9
- Calories from Fat 442
- Total Fat 49.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 1812.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: