Happy Harry #2's Note:
Found myself at another house making dinner for three children. There were NO vegetables, fresh or otherwise, (they had just moved in) but I found two large sweet potatoes. I was told that they were not liked, but I needed a veggie.....so this came about.... nice and soft inside, crispy outside.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and medium dice potatoes.
- 2Heat oil and butter together over med-high heat in a stanless steel or cast iron skillet with cover. (Will not work in a non-stick pan.).
- 3Add potatoes, salt and sugar and stir until potatoes are coated.
- 4Spread out into one layer. Allow to cook and brown WITHOUT touching for 4-5 minutes.
- 5Stir, flipping potatoes over. Lower heat to medium. (If using an electric range, turn heat off.) Cook another 3-4 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and cover skillet. Let stand another 5 minutes.
- 7Now all that is left is to --.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.6
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 655.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g