Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Found myself at another house making dinner for three children. There were NO vegetables, fresh or otherwise, (they had just moved in) but I found two large sweet potatoes. I was told that they were not liked, but I needed a veggie.....so this came about.... nice and soft inside, crispy outside.
- 2 large sweet potatoes or 2 large yams, peeled
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and medium dice potatoes.
- Heat oil and butter together over med-high heat in a stanless steel or cast iron skillet with cover. (Will not work in a non-stick pan.).
- Add potatoes, salt and sugar and stir until potatoes are coated.
- Spread out into one layer. Allow to cook and brown WITHOUT touching for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir, flipping potatoes over. Lower heat to medium. (If using an electric range, turn heat off.) Cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover skillet. Let stand another 5 minutes.
- Now all that is left is to --.