Recipe by Debbie R.
Well, actually it's America's Test Kitchen, but it's the same group. This is really delicious. I could eat 2 lbs of squash at one time....not sure I even need anything else at the meal. I didn't use any herb. You can use zucchini, summer squash or a combo of the two. I think a combination of the two is really pretty.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium zucchini (1.5 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (can use basil, mint, tarragon or chives)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the zucchini/squash: wash it, cut off ends, 1/4-inch slices. Cut the slices in half. (Alternatively, you could cut the squash in half first and then make 1/4-inch slices.).
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add onion and cook until it begins to soften, 2 or 3 minutes. Add the zucchini/summer squash. Cook until spotty brown and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Clear the center of the pan, and put in the garlic. Cook, mashing the garlic into the pan with the back of a spatula, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Stir the garlic into the squash. Stir in parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.