Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This super easy and quick recipe helps use up the excess summer garden produce.
Make and share this Sauteed Summer Squash recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large shallot, sliced thin
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced into 1/3 inch rounds
- 1 lb summer squash, sliced into 1/3 inch rounds
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add garlic, tarragon and onion and saute 2 minutes.
- Add both squashes and saute 8 minutes until just crisp tender.
It was wonderful!!! I made a few substitutions, though. I used a small amount of dried oregano instead of the tarragon. I also used canola oil and a dash (or three) of butter-flavored popcorn salt instead of the butter. It was very easy to make. It went well past when it was supposed to be "done", but instead of getting squishy, it carmelized--an added bonus!
I didn't realize it, but the stuff I threw in the pan tonight was basically this recipe! I used chives rather than shallot, but this was it. I was going to post my recipe, and noticed this one in my "to try" cookbook. Very easy to make, and very tasty.