Recipe by glutenfreesearcy
My mom used to make this when I was a child and I could eat the whole skillet full...sometimes when the garden is overflowing I'll eat only this for my lunches.
Top Review by Tristan's Nana
This was SCRUMPTIOUS! Oh my goodness...what a wonderful change from bland! Even the pickiest of eaters would enjoy this recipe. Can't wait for my grandsons to try it! I used Truvia for the sweetner and followed the recipe as given except in addition to ground pepper, I added a bit of California Style Lemon Pepper. It was SO yummy!!! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lbs summer squash, washed and cut into disks
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add in oil and butter.
- When fat is heated add squash and turn to coat.
- Allow the squash to cook for a few minutes without stirring to start to brown.
- Add salt, sugar, and pepper to the squash. Cover skillet stirring occasionaly until softened to your liking. Enjoy!