Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Got this recipe with my veggies in my CSA. We ate all the peas right out of the bag, so have to get some more to try this! LOL! From Farmer John’s Cookbook: The Real Dirt On Vegetables: Seasonal Recipes and Stories from a Community Farm
Top Review by Ms. DMAC
very simple and easy. Great directions- The peas and carrots turned out PERFECT, firm yet cooked and not mushy. 1 tablespoon of honey is just enough sweetness. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1 lb sugar snap pea
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the strings from both edges of the pea pods.
- Cut each carrot into thirds. Slice each third, lengthwise, into quarters so that the slices are about the size and shape of the sugar snap peas.
- Place the carrots in a steamer basket set over 1 1/2 inches boiling water, cover, and steam until they are just crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the carrots in a colander.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sugar snap peas; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots. Continue to cook and stir until the peas are bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the honey and cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly, until the peas and carrots are thoroughly glazed with the honey.
- Remove the skillet from heat and season vegetables generously with pepper.