Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
I had these with Miraklegirl's crispy ginger beef and they were a great accompaniment!
- 1 lb sugar snap pea
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- String peas by beginning at tip and pulling it down. If peas are very young, you can omit this step. Cut off stem ends and leave whole. Place in colander and rinse under cold water. Shake well and drain.
- In large skillet heat oil. Add garlic and ginger and saute briefly about 30 seconds. Add peas and, over medium high heat, toss and cook for 2-4 minutes, depending how large they are. Do not ovcercook. Add salt and pepper just as they are finished cooking. Serve immediately.
Good for a change of pace, but I don't see where it deserves all the 5 stars. Very simple, basic recipe. But not a 5 star. A 5 star needs to blow you away. This simply doesn't do that.
Perfect quick and easy recipe to use up a bag of sugar snap peas I had in the fridge. The garlic and the ginger go really well with the peas. I just loved it!
The flavor of these peas were great! I thought that the garlic and the ginger was really well balanced. I think this sauce would be really good with other veggies such as green beans and summer squash.