Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A good way to pair mushrooms with beef :P
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) beef sirloin tip or 1 (1 1/2 lb) top round beef, well-trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb button mushroom, quartered
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- Cut the beef into thin, 2 x 1/4-inch strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 T of oil in a large, heavy skillet over med-hi heat. Add the meat and sear for approximately 1 minute on each side or until just browned. Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 1 T oil to the skillet and heat. Add the mushrooms, carrot, and onion and sauté until the mushrooms give up their juice, about 8 minutes.
- Return the beef to the skillet and stir in the wine and broth. Continue to sauté until the meat is just done, 1 to 2 minutes for rare. Stir in the butter until just melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.