Recipe by cylee
My favorite way to prepare mushrooms. Even if you don't like mushrooms, you'll like these. Great served over steaks or mashed potatoes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon italian mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup wine (red for meat, white, fish dinner)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in olive oil over low heat.
- Add italian herbs, thyme, garlic,dried onion and Worcestershire sauce. Warm for about 10 minutes, do not let garlic burn.
- Increase heat to medium, add wine and stir to mix.
- Add sliced mushrooms, stir to coat.
- Reduce to low hat and simmer for about 5 minutes.