Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My favorite way to prepare mushrooms. Even if you don't like mushrooms, you'll like these. Great served over steaks or mashed potatoes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon italian mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup wine (red for meat, white, fish dinner)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Melt butter in olive oil over low heat.
- Add italian herbs, thyme, garlic,dried onion and Worcestershire sauce. Warm for about 10 minutes, do not let garlic burn.
- Increase heat to medium, add wine and stir to mix.
- Add sliced mushrooms, stir to coat.
- Reduce to low hat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
These sounded wonderful, loved all the ingredients. However, we were somewhat disappointed with the result. Lots of flavor, but the taste of the mushrooms were lost.
These mushrooms are so yummy. I used red wine. We ate them just like that, without steak. Thanks Cylee :) Made for I recommend tag game
These mushrooms were exactly what I was looking for! Perfect taste to go along with steak and potatoes, just like in a restaurant.