From Southern Living....a recipe combining some of my favorite summer veggies and my friend bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bacon, thick hickory-smoked
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups zucchini, sliced
- 4 cups yellow squash, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Sauté bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- 2Sauté onion and next 4 ingredients in hot drippings 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add zucchini and yellow squash; cook, stirring often, 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Squash and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.9
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 63.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g