Recipe by Debbie R.
This recipe is from Mark Bittman's "The Best Recipes in the World". I'm just always looking for simple, tasty ways to eat spinach. Cooking time is just an estimate. This looks like it will cook up very quickly.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
I had a large box of spinach to use up and chose this recipe. I'm glad I did. This is a delicious combination of flavours. My wok was the perfect size to cook all that spinach. I had this for lunch along with a baked potato. Made for ZWT7
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb spinach, large stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 2 T. of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat for one minute. Add garlic. The instant it begins to sizzle, add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is completely wilted. Turn heat to low.
- Stir in sugar and soy sauce. Cook for a few more moments. Turn off heat. Taste to see if you need additional salt or soy sauce. Serve hot, warm, room temp or cold.
- Before serving, drizzle with remaining sesame oil and spinkle with sesame seeds.