Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Mark Bittman's "The Best Recipes in the World". I'm just always looking for simple, tasty ways to eat spinach. Cooking time is just an estimate. This looks like it will cook up very quickly.
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb spinach, large stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Put 2 T. of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat for one minute. Add garlic. The instant it begins to sizzle, add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is completely wilted. Turn heat to low.
- Stir in sugar and soy sauce. Cook for a few more moments. Turn off heat. Taste to see if you need additional salt or soy sauce. Serve hot, warm, room temp or cold.
- Before serving, drizzle with remaining sesame oil and spinkle with sesame seeds.
I had a large box of spinach to use up and chose this recipe. I'm glad I did. This is a delicious combination of flavours. My wok was the perfect size to cook all that spinach. I had this for lunch along with a baked potato. Made for ZWT7
This is a GREAT way to enjoy spinach! I used only about a tablespoon of oil in a non-stick skillet and it was perfect for my taste. Absolutely loved the garlic-soy-sesame combo. It's so easy that plain ol' spinach won't be appearing anytime soon in my kitchen....
What a great way to serve spinach, the flavors all blend together so well. Like you Debbie, I'm always looking for new ways to serve spinach and this was awesome. I did add sautied onions to the mix as we love them in spinach and I think it really added a nice flavor - other than that I followed the directions exactly. I'm already craving this again so it's on the menu for tonight. Think next time I might even sprinkle with some parm cheese on top.