Recipe by Barb G.
We love this recipe, it's so good and easy to make. If making 4 servings it works better to use a Dutch oven instead of a large skillet, and add 1 to 2 minutes to the spinach-cooking time. Leave out the bacon for a vegetarian dish. The recipe comes from Eatingwell.com.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, tough stems removed
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add onion and saute until beginning to soften.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds more; add spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted.
- Remove from heat; stir in bacon and sprinkle cheese on top, serve immediately.