Recipe by Geema
Parmesan cheese seems to improve everything it touches, and spinach is no exception.
Top Review by chia
i always make sauteed spinach just like this, but i enjoyed the addition of the tomatoes. i used 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded and diced. i also had some chopped shallot. this made a lovely side dish, thanks.
- 2 bunches spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 small tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and diced
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly wash and dry spinach and remove stems.
- (I usually use the packaged, pre-washed spinach so that I don't get too much water in this dish. Otherwise, be sure to dry the leaves very, very well.) Using half the ingredients and working in batches, heat olive oil in a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Saute garlic about one minute.
- Add spinach leaves, increase heat to high, and stir until evenly wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and tomatoes.
- Cook an additional minute.
- Stir in grated Parmesan, remove from heat, taste, and adjust seasonings.
- Serve immediately.
- If spinach releases too much water, you can drain mixture in a colander before serving.
- Taste and adjust seasonings again after draining.