Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple and very quick side dish that goes well with almost anything. I especially like it chicken fixed anyway.
- 4 -6 cups packed fresh spinach or 1 (1 lb) bag frozen spinach
- 1 pint fresh mushrooms, sliced or 8 ounces canned mushroom slices, drained
- 1 -2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- feta cheese
- Melt butter and olive oil together.
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic a couple minutes then add spinach and sauté until just wilted and tender.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish with crumbled feta cheese just before serving.
Simply divine! I used fresh spinach, tons and tons of fresh champignon mushrooms, and added a good dose of paprika and a bit of curry powder to the recipe. I've made the recipe twice already, once with feta cheese, but the second time I used grated halumi. Again, this is just divine! An excellent recipe for Somersizers!
YUM! We love to splash it with a good balsamic.
This was an excellent and easy side dish! I used cremini mushrooms and omitted the cheese since it was served with seafood.