Recipe by zeldaz51
A fast dish to make, once the ingredients are in order. Adapted from a Martha Stewart Recipe published in 1996. Not too spicy, a nice side for Tandoori Chicken, but make sure the leaves are good and dry or it will turn out too wet.
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml a neutral vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 19.71 ml julienned ginger
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml ground turmeric
- 907.18 g fresh spinach, stems removed
- 9.85 ml whole brown mustard seeds
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a high straight-sided medium skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and the garlic, and cook until shallots are lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in ginger, cumin, and turmeric, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add spinach and mustard seeds; season with salt and pepper; cook, tossing until spinach is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from skillet, and serve immediately.