Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
This is so good, and easy. Any greens would do, but spinach is my favourite. My grandmother used escarole and my mother uses swiss chard.
Top Review by starrynight
I'm not a huge fan of spinach, but I had to try this recipe. It was really good and so simple to make. I bought a bag of spinach, gave it a quick rinse, and started cooking. Done this way, I would say that this recipe takes even less time than Penny! lists. This is an easy recipe that I will definetely use again. Thanks!
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim and clean the spinach, cut into palm size pieces.
- In a large pan, cook the garlic and red pepper in the olive oil over medium heat until the garlic is golden.
- Add the spinach and salt to taste.
- Stir well.
- Cover the pot and cook until spinach is tender, just a few minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.