Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so good, and easy. Any greens would do, but spinach is my favourite. My grandmother used escarole and my mother uses swiss chard.
- Trim and clean the spinach, cut into palm size pieces.
- In a large pan, cook the garlic and red pepper in the olive oil over medium heat until the garlic is golden.
- Add the spinach and salt to taste.
- Stir well.
- Cover the pot and cook until spinach is tender, just a few minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
I'm not a huge fan of spinach, but I had to try this recipe. It was really good and so simple to make. I bought a bag of spinach, gave it a quick rinse, and started cooking. Done this way, I would say that this recipe takes even less time than Penny! lists. This is an easy recipe that I will definetely use again. Thanks!
Perfection on a plate. I could of easily eaten the whole thing myself, but held off. Healthy, lovely, and easy to make, plus! the presentation is just like a photo! Stunning....and the taste, well....you need to check this out for yourself. I wilted my fresh spinach, added the fresh garlic, a sprinkle of coarse sea salt granules, and the rest....history. Made for "Rainbow for your Health" Diabetic Forum 2011
This was fantastic, even my son's friend loved it and he absolutely hates spinach. I served this with my shrimp scampi and it all disappeared.