Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Created to serve over Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Spirals, but this would work well with plain, baked chicken as well to add an elegant touch.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Melt butter over medium heat in medium saucepan.
- Add chopped spinach.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons whipping cream, Kosher salt, and ground black pepper.
- Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until heated through.
- Serve over baked chicken.
This sauce was great! I made a few changes (probably more than a few) to suit my own taste and to make more of the sauce. I chopped and cooked up 2 chicken breasts in olive oil, once done, I transferred to a bowl and set aside. To to skillet I added 2 minced cloves of garlic and 1 thinly sliced shallot to the butter and sauteed for a minute or so. Then I added the remainder of ingredients and also added about 1 T chopped sun dried tomatoes. I also ended up using a 5 oz container of fresh organic spinach instead of frozen. I used a bit of chicken stock and more of the whipping cream and added a 2 tablespoons parmesan and the chicken. I had to thicken the sauce just a tiny bit with flour but it was delicious!! Tossed with pasta then devoured! Thanks for sharing!
An excellent side dish, it wasn't heavy at all like the usual "creamed spinach" but it was very tasty and satisfying. Thank you.