Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 grapefruit
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 (283.49 g) sole fillets
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 29.58 ml shallots, minced
- 44.37 ml chopped red bell peppers
- 29.58 ml grapefruits
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 14.79 ml chopped cilantro
- Peel and section grapefruit.
- Save the juice that accumulates and add to the orange and grapefruit juice.
- Put butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Season sole with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
- Add sole and cook about 3 minutes on each side, turning carefully.
- Remove when springy to the touch and keep warm.
- Add shallots and bell pepper and cook until shallots soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add grapefruit sections and juice.
- Bring to a boil and let reduce for a minute or two.
- Pour over fish and sprinkle with cilantro.
I had spotted this years ago saved it to my cookbook and never got around to making it....and oh-h-h am I so sorry to think i missed out on this WONDERFUL dish all these years!!!! Very easy and quick to fix made it exactly as it is here served over a little rice with steamed broccoli on the side. No left overs... This one is a keeper...and a tastey way to use those wonderful pink grapefruits.
I could eat this several times a week! very tasty