Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 3 soft-shell crabs, cleaned and patted dry
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 chives, blades chopped
- Season crabs with salt and pepper and dredge in the flour, shaking off excess. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the oil and saute the crabs until soft, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the crabs and set aside. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Then add the capers and white wine. Cook until wine has reduced to about 1/2. Swirl in the butter and the chopped chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer crabs to a plate, spoon sauce over the crabs.
- Emeril garnishes with a dusting of Emerile Essence.