Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Natural flavour - colourful presentation!
- 1 cup sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1 cup Brussels sprout, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- coarse salt
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and boil on high for about 7 minutes or until tender.
- With a slotted spoon remove sprouts to a bowl.
- Return pot to heat.
- Bring water back to the boil and add the snap peas.
- Cook peas for 3 minutes and strain, add peas to bowl with sprouts.
- Heat butter in a skillet on high heat and add the strips of pepper.
- Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and the sprouts and toss lightly just until shiny.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Great recipe. I went a step further and sauteed potatoes with the sprouts/peas as well.
I made these with Onion fried mandarin orange chicken and spaghetti squash saute and a salad. This was a great meal. I enjoyed these alot! I have just started eating brussels sprouts as a kid being forced to eat them I absolutely hated them. My DH started me out on frozen ones with butter sauce so I figured I would try this recipe. I am glad I did and have added it to my cookbook as I will be making this again and again. The only difference that I did was I had to use frozen sugar snap peas and brussels sprouts, but it really didn't matter it still turned out great. Thanks for sharing.
I made this veggie dish to go along side of Country Lady's beef tenderloin Roast Beef Tenderloin With Red Wine & Shallot Sauce, I cooked the veggies way in advance and just sauteed them for dinner. I doubled the recipe and increased the butter and added in just a small amount of minced fresh garlic, simple and outstanding! thank you Marg!...Kitten:)