Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Jazz up your dinner plate with broiled sweet peppers(any color) into wide strips, brush with cooking oil, and broil until charred. Remove peel, if desired. Serve with a basket of toasted garlic bread.
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb boneless beef sirloin, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 3⁄4 teaspoon herb seasoning mix or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce or 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce or 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, cut into very thin wedges
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- Cut steak into 4 servings-size pieces.
- Sprinkle with herb pepper or garlic pepper.
- In a 10-inch skillet cook steaks in hot butter over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or to desired doneness, turning once.
- remove steak from pan; cover and keep warm.
- For mushroom glaze, carefully add beef broth and hoisin, teriyaki, or Worcestershire sauce to skillet.
- Cook until bubbly, scraping brown bits from bottom skillet.
- Stir in onoin wedges and sliced mushrooms.
- Cook over medium-high about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and the glaze is reduced to half its volume (1 cup).
- Transfer warm steak to dinner plates and spoon glaze on steaks.
This is a very good!! I used hoisin sauce which gave it a nice flavor. I used my own seasoning on the steak. It was easy to make and didn't take very long to make either. Thanks for a great recipe Barb