Recipe by Kay D.
I got this recipe from the Olive Garden website. I'm not a big fan of capers, so they were omitted, but I didn't want to change the original ingredient list. This stuff is incredible! You may be tempted to try a different type of pasta, but I believe to achieve the proper delicate nature of this dish, you need to use the specified angel hair pasta.
Top Review by cathyat
Again, this came to me from community when I asked for non-tomato pasta sauces. Wonderful. I had no leftovers & made it exactly as described. This will be on my "keeper" list & I will share it with several friends! Thanks to all who suggested it to me on Community. It was to die for! Cathy
- 8 ounces cooked angel hair pasta
- 1 lb shelled deveined medium shrimp
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces white wine (or water)
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 2 ounces olive oil
- white pepper
- fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the shrimp in the olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and capers and saute for 30 seconds more.
- Add the white wine (or water) and lemon juice and simmer until sauce is reduced by 1/2.
- Add the cream and simmer until sauce is reduced by 1/3.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If desired, add fresh or dried parsley.
- Pour sauce over pasta, and enjoy!